Please read all three posts below 🙂 thank you!
- Each student will have a “class number” (1-24)
- Click the PDF file below for Class Numbers assignments:
- Each student has an assigned spot when we line up (A, B, C, D, E…). They will either be in the “blue line” or the “green line”
- Students will have an assigned square to sit in when they sit in group. The rules are: Don’t touch the tape and respect other’s personal space by keeping your bodies inside your square
- Table Teams – Each student will sit at an assigned spot and be a part of a team. Each team has supplies that only belong to that table. The teams are: Dolphin, Elephant, Turtle, Penguin, Tiger, Squirrel, and Monkey.
- Each student has a cubby for academic items
- Items allowed in the cubby: bookbox, handwriting workbook, “try-it” notebook, Writing Workshop Folder, Magic Reading Wand, Math box…
- No food, water or clothing should be put in the cubby.
- Each student has a mailbox AND a take home folder (I provide this)
- The folder needs to be brought back to school EVERY DAY.
- Parents can put any notes for the teacher in this folder.
- Please do not put any stickers or write anything on this folder.
- Please send this folder back to school either: EMPTY or WITH any notes for the teacher/school. I will check these folders at the beginning of the year, but eventually he/she will be responsible for handing in any notes to me. You are also welcome to pin notes to your child’s shirt or email me directly.
Good Choices Chart
- Green = 2 stickers (awesome!)
- Yellow = 1 stickers (Slow down, check your choices!)
- Orange = 0 stickers (oops! We REALLY need to take a break and think about what we SHOULD have done instead)
- Red = 0 stickers (call parent, Chat with Mrs. LaRosa if needed, and take some time out to think about our choices)
- Classroom jobs will begin after I model each job in class. (around the Beg. of Oct)
- On a rotation, the students will get to do jobs around the classroom.
Toys from home
- Please keep ALL toys from home AT home.
- The star of the week is the only one (unless given permisson by teacher) allowed to bring in items to share.