I will add questions/answers as needed…
When can parents volunteer in the classroom?
We will begin “in class” volunteers in November. I may need help with the following tasks:
- assembling flashcards
- assembling books
- assisting students with their individual blogs (volunteer needs to be relatively comfortable with technology
- assemble flashcards, books
- assist students with individual blogs, using iPad/Laptop to publish stories onto blogs (train students to be independent – use iPad camera to photograph work, record voice, type words, etc.)
- Assemble Star of the Week Books (using binder)
How can I get involved in the school?
The PTO has awesome opportunities for parents to get involved in the school. I will post the upcoming PTO meetings under the category: Upcoming Events and I will email you reminders.
Please “like” the PTO Facebook page to get all the latest information about PTO and happenings at Lakeland:
Will my child have homework in Kindergarten?
Yes, I do assign homework during the year. Check out the blog category called “Homework” for an overview of what is to come…
What time does school start/end?
The school day starts at 9:10 and ends at 4:05
How will I know when the blog is updated?
If you click on the “subscribe” button it will alert you when the blog is updated. I will email you when I update anything on the blog as well.
What is deal with morning snack?
Our lunch is at 11:30pm. Your child is more than welcome to bring a small morning snack (See the post: SNACKS for more information). We almost always eat snacks outside. The afternoon snack is a community snack.
Parent Teacher Conferences
When can I meet with the teacher? Please feel free to email me with any thoughts, concerns, suggestions, etc. I am available to meet after school and often during specials, but please schedule ahead of time via email. Our formal PT conference will take place in November.
First Day of School
- The first day of school is a 1/2 day.
- Parents do not attend school with Kinders on the first day.
- Please make sure your child is wearing his/her bus tag. Review your child’s bus color with them often. I also recommend that you color the back of your child’s bus tag the color of his/her bus.
- We do not eat lunch on the first day because it is a half day, but we do practice going into the lunch room and have a special cookie/milk snack!
- The recess supervisors will meet with our class to review rules and procedures on the playground. It is going to be a fun filled day!